The practice expects the doctors and staff to be treated with respect.
The NHS in its entirety operates a zero tolerance policy. To clarify, the following actions are considered unacceptable behaviour by NHS England and the practice.
- Physical assault
- Aggressive or threatening behaviour
- Brandishing of objects or weapons
- Bad language
- Racist comments
- Alcohol or drug-fuelled abuse
- Excessive demands on the practice
- Generally unco-operative and/or unreasonable behaviour
- Intentional destruction or damage of property
All GP practices have the right to remove a patient and the patient’s family from the practice list with immediate effect for demonstrating abusive and/or violent behaviour.
This is in order to safeguard practice staff, patients and other persons. Violence in this context includes actual or threatened physical violence or verbal abuse which leads to fear for a person’s safety.